THE ULTIMATE OKANAGAN
The brands sale ( up to 50% discount) starts in 5 days on Ali Express. To fully enjoy the savings, it is recommended to add desired items into the cart now. The system would generate discount coupons upon purchase and those coupons can be redeemed during the sale week August 21-31, 2019.
Here are some shopping ideas for fall, based on trends and common sense:
1. Pumps visually make your legs appear long and lean: s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qJ732EjO
2. Stylish fall booties s.click.aliexpress.com/e/EIKnJtnS
3. Trendy white genuine leather snickers s.click.aliexpress.com/e/emmyYATA
4. Black stockings s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tO3aQbdm
5. Plaid warm blazer s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pbjV3kO4
6. Plaid warm skirt s.click.aliexpress.com/e/C7ikiyfO
7. Corduroy suit Zara style s.click.aliexpress.com/e/dgfXp9vq
8. Warm turtleneck s.click.aliexpress.com/e/kcQv2sKG
9. Floral print cotton shirt s.click.aliexpress.com/e/m3Jn57Iu
10. Trendy leather belt s.click.aliexpress.com/e/o4cq5nio
11. Super cute skirt s.click.aliexpress.com/e/rQFznVwC
12. Warm fall/winter dress s.click.aliexpress.com/e/2WZeAYXQ
13. Wool dress s.click.aliexpress.com/e/NFdhDpo4
14. Classy trench coat s.click.aliexpress.com/e/eFby1bxi
15. Shearling Lamb winter coat s.click.aliexpress.com/e/O31wAloy
Congratulations! You two decided to commit to a long term relationship and start a family!
This is an important event in your life and deserves to be the most remarkable and memorable.
It doesn't have to be expensive to be beautiful, filled with love and elegant. These three places are hidden gems within Kelowna area for an affordable yet classy wedding ceremony.
1. Guisachan Heritage Park
The park and associated gardens have a very unique history as the land was previously owned by Lord and Lady Aberdeen. Lord Aberdeen served as the Governor General of Canada from 1893-1896 and the family played a pivotal role in the settlement of the area. Guisachan House was built in 1891 and houses a restaurant.
The property was later purchased by the Cameron family. Elaine Cameron planted the Edwardian gardens around the site starting in the 1920s. Some of the original roses, perennials and trees originally planted by Mrs. Cameron can still be seen at the site.
How to get there: The park is located at 1060 Cameron Avenue, just east of the intersection of Gordon Drive and Cameron Avenue.
Guisachan House was built as a summer home for the Earl and Countess of Aberdeen in 1891. Guisachan – Land of the Firs – was the name chosen for their new home. The new Canadian estate drew its name from a family estate in Inverness-shire Scotland. Designed in the Indian colonial bungalow style it became the focal point of a 480 acre working ranch. The ranch became the site of the first large-scale planting of fruit trees and hops in the Okanagan valley. The Aberdeens developed and invested in their adopted country and encouraged many of their English countrymen to settle in the Okanagan.
In 1986, Guisachan became a Kelowna City Park. The restoration of the house was undertaken by the Central Okanagan Heritage Society, in conjunction with the City of Kelowna, in 1987.
Today Guisachan House serves as a restaurant. It looks beautifully inviting.
Here is the link for Guisachan House: okheritagesociety.com/guisachan-house/
2. Gellatly Nut Farm
While people are still welcome to take wedding photos at Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park, wedding ceremonies can no longer be booked there and the wedding arbor has been removed from the park.
It still serves as a beautiful wedding photo-shoot place and smaller group of people are welcome to visit the park and enjoy it's beauty.
3. Public beaches along Okanagan Lake that are hidden from everybody's eye.
There are series of public beaches along Okanagan Lake that boast some privacy to make memorable and beautiful pictures. This won't work for a large wedding, of course.
Please contact me for exact map locations or research yourselves.
While we are enjoying beautiful summer days, it is time to get ready for fall. This means adding fall colors like burnt orange, yellow, pewter to your wardrobe, as well as adding warmer layers.
As usual, I will find the most trendy fall collections for less on Ali Express.
1. Yellow genuine leather mules for CA$58.60 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/h0FcpeC
2. High waist snakeskin print leggings CA$20.18 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/w08dquo
3. Elegant fall waistcoat CA$48.58 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b8E5zJc4
This fall double breasted blazers and jackets take the scene. It is very suitable for Canadian fall! In the last issue of Canadian Living magazine I saw a "Preppy prep" look that inspired me. Here is the offered jacket from Canadian Living/ RW&CO. I found similar jacket on Ali Express.
4. Long Loose Fit Double-Breasted Houndstooth Blazer CA$118.93 www.rw-co.com/en/long-loose-fit-double-breasted-houndstooth-blazer/423890.html?cgid=women-clothing-blazers-jackets&dwvar_423890_color=Camel%20and%20Black#start=1
Ali Express version of the same blazer for CA$25.28 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/befrO5Qs
5. Corduroy blazer for CA$29.77 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/l7ZU7yk
6. Plaid wool jacket for colder days CA$61.62 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bSnkXSAy
7. Plaid wool jacket CA$61.70 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/blFvoZoM
And we remember about accessories that complete our look:
8. 100% mulberry silk scarf CA$23.40 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/baq8AykY
9. Shoulder bag (GUCCI like) CA$70.16 s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bTgZSico
Here are the most beautiful apple fruit earrings from one of a kind jewelry store Lotus Fun. Please check out the links, as I am confident it will catch your attention!
10. Green apple silver studs/ natural Aventurine stone s.click.aliexpress.com/e/chSOUIjO
11. Lovely bird dangle earring s.click.aliexpress.com/e/GVhSFPa
12. Blooming poppies silver set s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ckyo4YPm
13. The most adorable Lilly of the valley silver set s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pmhPn1Q
14. This could be a perfect Christmas gift s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cg6UdNWo
Don-O-Ray Farm has been a favorite place to shop for fresh fruit and vegetables for several years. Recently they added a small goat/chicken educational and entertaining zoo for children. That is why it is a must see!
Don-O-Ray farm opens in the spring and operates into the late fall, selling a range of vegetables (potatoes, onions, radishes, garlic, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, basil, peppers, etc.) and fruit (berries, cherries, apples, plums, pear, peaches, apricots). The produce is always fresh, prices are reasonable. Whatever is harvested that week, is sold the same week.
Don-O-Ray is a family business and owners are usually in the store helping out customers with a smile. They are very accommodating and willing to answer any questions you might have about the produce. There is a frozen section containing frozen pies, ice cream, butter chicken sauce, samosas. They also carry eggs, milk products from local Dutchmen Dairy farm. It is hard to leave empty handed!