If you have an upcoming celebration that calls for a cake, like kid's birthday party, than there is Marble Slab Creamery in Vernon that got you covered. There used to be a store in Kelowna, but it got closed several years ago. It is still worth the drive for following reasons:
- Huge selection of ice-cream flavors, good variety of ice-cream cakes, ice-cream sandwiches, ice-cream cupcakes;
- Ice-cream made in-store (not every store probably) in smaller batches;
- Waffle cones made in-store, sold the same day;
- You get to choose what mix-ins you want in your ice-cream;
- Only Canadian dairy is used for an ice-cream.
I compared Marble Slab cake offerings with DQ cakes.
1. Pricing tag is somewhat comparable for smaller cake, larger size is cheaper at DQ:
Marble Slab 7" (serves 6-8) $29.99, 9" large (serves 12-16) $39.99
DQ 8" (serves 8-10) $28.99, 10" large (serves 12-16) $32.99
2. Cake preparation time is 2 days in both places;
3. Variety of cakes is better in Marble Slab, if you want something like Red Velvet Brownie, for example.
4. Cakes from Marble Slab tastier than from DQ. Although both companies originated from USA, both are franchise chains.
I had to get up and get myself a slice of Cookie Dough Drizzle ice-cream cake!
If you will be in Vernon area, Marble Slab located near Earls and Starbucks, it is worth to try!