THE ULTIMATE OKANAGAN
Online shopping is a multi-dimensional cyber space, covering various market segments and styles. Today I wanted to review two similar big online shopping websites offering crazy low prices and pretty much the same content. From my personal experience this isn't shopping destination of my choice, as 40% of my order ended up in Value Village donation bin. The reason for that was it's sizing (too small).
However if you want to try something new for low price I would give them a try, as they do have some decent quality garments.
Here are some tips on how to avoid disappointment:
1) Delivery to Canada takes about 4 weeks. Here is comparison:
delivery to Canada from ROMWE.com is free for orders over CA$79
SHEIN.com offers free delivery to Canada for orders over CA$126
Please bear in mind that imported goods from China are subject to duties and taxes.
2) Measure yourself accurately and match to the size grid provided under the garment description. Avoid purchasing garments made from polyester when it says "Free size". Sizing on the website S, M, L doesn't quite match North American S, M, L.
3) Read description to find out what material it is made with. For example, polyester 95% and spandex 5% would mean fabric has some stretch and if it lists only polyester that means no stretch whatsoever. There used to be a filter option on fabric, but not anymore. I would recommend purchasing garments from cotton or cotton blends.
4) Be realistic - there is no gold accessories for $5 and silk pajamas for $15.
5) SHEIN allows customers to leave a feedback under the garment they purchased. This is a very useful feature, as you can see how it actually looks on real people and what people have to say.
6) The bonus is that both sites offer very cute items that don't look alike. Both these sites are not mainstream in North America, so if you want to stand out of the crowd this is your chance.
I want to finish this post with afterwords: "It is worth to try, but don't have high expectations".